Thursday, December 11, 2008

Takin' the Plunge

Here by popular demand!!

Yeah, not quite. More like because of prodding from the girlfriend and sister-in-law... But maybe that's the swift kick I needed. So, thank you ladies.

What is this? What am I trying to accomplish? Who could possibly wanna hear what I have to say about sports and life? These are a few of the questions (barriers) that I faced, but honestly, I don't really care. I'm gonna keep pumpin out posts until - well, I'm not really sure about that either... Maybe until I get paid for a similar activity.

So what is this? This is a blog that's gonna focus primarily on my passion - sports. Many a career in sports has been contemplated - I've been hearing my whole life: find a career in something you're passionate about... otherwise, in 30 years, you're gonna wake up one morning with serious regrets. Well, obviously that's something I desperately want to avoid. So, you might see me or hear about me doing something sports-related in the next few years. We shall see.

This is not a breaking news sports column - I'm not a member of the AP, and as such, you can find your sports news at ESPN.com or a similar site. What you will get when you come here is opinionated commentary, speculative forecasting, some fantasy football discussion, some words on the business world (both sports and otherwise), maybe some movie reviews sprinkled in, and any semi-relevant topic I feel like discussing. Feel free to make requests, as that will undoubtedly give me ideas, and give me an opportunity to make you happy - another passion of mine.

Who could possibly want to read my nonsense? A fantastic question... and, I suppose, one that will be answered in a relatively short period of time. I take criticism very well (I guess that just speaks to how much I've gotten over the years). So, please... feedback (positive or negative) is greatly appreciated.

There you have it - the down 'n dirty. What's my first post gonna be on? I'm glad you asked! This is my favorite time of the year, both in life and the sporting world. Between football getting interesting and baseball's winter meetings, I'm engrossed... So, here it is.

The Evil Empire just signed an albatross to an albatross contract - the writing was on the wall, and the Yankees (like clockwork) just made an atrocious deal - obviously, I'm delighted by that development. C.C. Sabathia is a Yankee...

1 comment:

  1. From the infamous sister-in-law...good for you Micah. You are a talented writer and this could be a good format to use that skill.

    Who could possibly want to read my nonsense? I often ask myself the very same thing and still don't have an answer, but still its humbling to know people do.

    You're in my favorites, so I'm be back to check in...

    ReplyDelete